- Services & Locations
- Physio Clinic Locations
- Keeping your body & mind A+BOOK NOW
- Albany - Neuro Physio Clinic
- Mt Eden
- Clinical Suite Balmoral
South AucklandAirport Oaks
- Papakura - Counties Care
East AucklandHighbrook East Tamaki
Auckland CentralBay Roskill
- About Active+
- About Active+
- Become part of Active+
- Become part of Active+
- Lymphoedema Package: Initial 60-minute lymphoedema appointment and 3 x 45-minute follow ups: $500.00
- Lymphoedema Concession card: 6 x 45-minute sessions for $600.00 (6 months expiry)
- Cancer Rehab Package: Initial 60-minute initial appointment and 3 x 45 minute follow ups: $450
- Cancer Rehab Follow Up Package: 6 x 45 minute follow up: $590
- Pre-Studio Pilates Package: $200.00 (a requirement for anyone wanting to join a studio Pilates class) - Initial 60-minute Pilates one on one session and 2 x 30-minute one on one follow ups
- Beginner’s Pilates: 6 weeks for $96.00
- Studio Concession card: $300 for 11 sessions (so 11th is free) expiry is 12 months
- Mat Class Concession: $200 for 11 sessions (so 11th is free) expiry is 12 months
- Express Class Concession: $150.00 for 11 sessions (so 11th is free) expiry is 12 months
- One on one 30-minute Concession: $600 for 11 sessions (so 11th is free) expiry is 12 months
- One on one 60-minute Concession: $900 for 11 sessions (so 11th is free) expiry is 12 months
- Pilates “Suemac” Membership: $260.00 per month. This is a monthly membership programme available to clients who attend multiple mat and studio Pilates classes and also yoga (only excludes one on one sessions and Next Steps which is a specialised programme). Client pays a monthly fee and can attend as many studio and mat classes as they want, they must be pre-booked into a class. (Expiry one month from purchase.)
- Initial 60-minute one on one session and 2 x 30-minute one on one follow ups: $200.00
Active+ AlbanyBook Online Now
About our Practice
The Albany branch is a spacious modern physio, rehab, pilates and yoga clinic, located on Don McKinnon Drive in Albany. The clinic is walking distance from the Albany Park 'n Ride, or alternatively there is a bus stop right outside the building.
Our post-graduate trained therapists offer a holistic, professional, friendly and open approach to your rehabilitation. We are conveniently situated for all clients from Albany, Rosedale, Greenhithe, Riverhead/Coatesville and the North Shore's East Coast Bays.
Clients can park in the Wilsons carpark and we will pay for your parking for the duration of your appointment on arrival at the clinic. No need to take a ticket from the machine.
Disabled carparks are conveniently postioned at the rear of the building for easy access to the clinic. If you have a disability or any special requirement that we should know about, then please let us know at time of booking your appointment.
Our opening hours are there to suit everyone. We offer a number of classes for all levels. Please see our class timetable for more information.
Active+ Albany is a Careway Pathway Provider. Careway is an ACC funded programme that provides injured New Zealanders with better and faster access to great healthcare services. You will receive the care you need for your injury with no cost to yourself. No additional payments are required and there are faster time frames to diagnosis, treatment and recovery.
Injuries which are covered by the Careway Pathway include patients with knee, shoulder, spine or ankle injuries, that cannot be successfully treated by your GP and would benefit from medical advice or treatment from an orthopaedic surgeon and/or physiotherapist.
You will be able to access the services you need, better and faster, if you fall within the Careway criteria.
Packages and Concessions
We like to reward loyalty and for this reason have some great packages and concessions available for clients who see us regularly.
Pilates Concession Cards:
Exercise Physiologist Package:
WHAT ARE RPW SHOCK WAVES AND HOW DO THEY WORK?
Radial shock waves are acoustic waves introduced into the body by means of a transmitter and handpiece. These waves move through the body in outward motion from the point of contact. The point of contact will be moved throughout your treatment to cover the entire pain region. Radial shockwaves are often referred to as radial pressure waves, which is the correct definition in physical terms because it best describes how the waveform moves through the body. When introduced into the tissue, shock waves and pressure waves have effects on a cellular level that are beneficial for healing. Increased blood flow2 and formation of new blood vessels3,4 create an improved environment for tissue repair. It has further been shown that application of shock waves influences the body’s pain regulating mechanisms resulting in local pain relief.
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas
We are open on the non-stat days so if you need us please book online or give our friendly reception team a call.
So how does this Telehealth thing work?
There is a lot your physio is able to assess via a secure webcam meeting – either on Zoom or possibly a different platform. They can advise you on how to deal with an existing or new injury and then send you exercises to do at home. We are not charging a surcharge for this service.
Let us Connect You
Unit 1, 84 Don McKinnon Drive
AucklandShow Phone Number
Hours of practice
Mon - Thu 7:00am - 7:00pm Fri 7:00am - 4:00pm Sat 9:00am - 12:00pm
Xmas/New Year Hours
The clinic will be closed on Saturdays and the stat days over this period.
Hours for the 27th, 28th, 29th Dec and 3rd, 4th, 5th Jan will be 9am to 3pm.
Active+ Neuro Physio Clinic
Click on the link below to access our Neuro Physio site.
Cancer Support Services
There are many specialist providers that offer additional support for you and your family members following a diagnosis of cancer.
Our cancer rehabilitation physiotherapists, and lymphoedema therapists have undertaken additional training; they are certified to provide individualised care to these specific populations.
Remember your health insurance provider may include cover for physiotherapy or oncology massage services, also we accept Under the Canopy vouchers as provided by Canopy Cancer Care.
These services may be useful to you, you can ask your therapist for more information or check the websites provided in the link below:
This is different to providing massage alone. Certified Lymphoedema therapists are trained to assess the body site that has the issue and to identify other factors that may be contributing to your lymphoedema. This includes incorporating self-management strategies such as exercise, skin care, and what type of compression would best suit the affected area, we can also refer to nutritionists and counsellors to help you regain control and make lifestyle changes. We assist you in preventing and managing exacerbations, along with communicating with the other members of your health care team, including your GP, nurse specialist, oncologist, and surgeon to ensure your treatment is both safe and effective.