- Services & Locations
- Physio Clinic Locations
- Keeping your body & mind A+BOOK NOW
- Albany - Neuro Physio Clinic
- Mt Eden
- Clinical Suite Balmoral
South AucklandAirport Oaks
- Papakura - Counties Care
East AucklandHighbrook East Tamaki
Auckland CentralBay Roskill
- ACC Contracts
- About Active+
- About Active+
- Pain Management
- Occupational Therapy
- Injury Prevention
- Women's Health
Integrated Sensitive Claims ServicesLet us Connect You
The ACC funded Integrated Services for Sensitive Claims (ISSC) contract is a client-centred service which was created to assist survivors of sexual assault and sexual violence. The purpose of this service is to provide supportive input through one or more health providers such as psychiatrists, psychologists, counsellors, social workers, and cultural advisors. Service can be accessed through self-referral, or via GP or ACC referral. We try as much as possible to find health providers that are in the same region geographically, to help access to the service. Each service is individually tailored to the needs of the particular person and developed with their input. Gaining satisfactory outcomes and providing a client-centric service are important aspects of this service to us.
We have a variety of therapists situated across New Zealand, and all are registered to provide ACC-funded therapy for this service. Our qualified therapists have a wide range of skills to offer appropriate support and treatment to our clients and are highly experienced in working with a variety of backgrounds, cultures, ages and genders. We endeavour to accommodate any specific preferences or requirements our clients have.
Who qualifies for ACC sensitive claims funded therapy?
- Anyone who has experienced sexual abuse or assault in New Zealand can access this service. ACC may also assist New Zealand residents who were overseas when the event occurred.
How much does it cost?
- The sensitive claims services are fully funded by ACC, so there is no cost to anybody accessing the service.
How do you keep my information private?
- Privacy is extremely important for our clients and also for us. We keep all personal information private and safe. Only the necessary people involved in the service will have access to client information. When a client calls or emails us, only your name, location and contact number need to be disclosed. Once we have allocated a therapist, clients will be able to speak safely and confidentially to one of our trained therapists. We are required to provide ACC with treatment and progress updates.
How do I get started? Information for clients wanting to access this service.
- When you’re ready to start therapy, you can contact our administration team directly on ISSC@activeplus.co.nzor on 09 630 4035 (select option 2 for sensitive claims. It will take you to an automated message where you can leave a voicemail).
We will tend to your voicemail or email within the same business day (if received within business hours). In your message you can include your first name, contact details, location and any preferences you have for a therapist e.g. gender/cultural preferences. We will reply as soon as possible with options. Once we connect you with the right therapist, you do not need to wait for ACC to process your claim as your therapist will lodge this during your first appointment.
Please note that our admin team only coordinate referrals. Our admin team are unable to assist walk-in clients or to discuss the details of your claim. Please only contact us through the email or phone numbers provided. Once your claim has been allocated to one of health providers, you are then able to discuss the details of your claim with them.
If you are in need of urgent support, please contact the Mental Health line on 0800 611 116 who can direct you to your local crisis team, or contact 111.